Saturday, October 22, 2005

Shopping!!

I have just been on a major shopping trip which is also the biggest since my foot has started to improve. I went to the centre of Bristol and met one of my best friends who is in the area for the weekend and we shopped, ate chocolate, drank tea and gossiped. It was a realy lovely day and I got a lovely denim jacket in a 20% off sale in Debenhams. It has a furry collar, cuffs and bottom edge and is absolutely gorgous. It was from pineapple and was only £35 before the discount so was a real bargain. I also got a pair of purple sterling silver dragonfly earrings in Debenhams, but it took me ages to decide on the colour as they had so many options. If the pink had had solid wings that probably would have won lol. I think they will be a slight drop as the tail of the Dragonfly had little silver balls to make it and add flexibility.
So I have eaten too much junk, drunk too much tea but had a really great relaxing day and its just what the doctor ordered lol.
What did suprise me was the amount of Christmas stuff in the shops and the House of Fraser has its trees up. I am not a mean-spirited old crone but this does seem a tad too early.
I also got my appointment for the surgeon arrive 2 days ago and the only thing to be thankful for is it will be done and dusted by my birthday, but otherwise the timing is not ideal-oh well beggars can't be choosers. This did send me into a bit of a panic as I can't face it being like last time-which is unlikely and its now become all too real. But its not for awhile yet so will put it out of mind for a bit.
Tomorrow I have to spend the day writing an assignment-its 300 words so not many but is on music and a particular piece. If the last 2 are anything to go by it will be a good 7 hours from start to finish, but I have done some preparation so I am hoping it won't be that long.

No comments: