Thursday, September 07, 2006

An up and down time

It has been fairly busy here the last couple of weeks and alot of it hasn't been too good. I seem to have crashed down badly in my moods again and although I try to remain positive it isn't always that easy.
Last week I found out a lady I used to dialyse with had passed away. She had a multitude of problems so it wasn't a total suprise. But it brings it home and this is extra sad as she was a single mum with a young son who now hopefully will be looked after how she would want.
Then this week I found I wasn't actually on the transplant list. I hadn't heard from the co-ordinators so decided to get it looked into and they had handed my details to one who was on holiday. She is adamant we must meet before she pushes the magic activation button and is hoping she can visit me at dialysis tomorrow. However it isn't certain this will happen and alot of stuff was said that didn't make sense. In the end I rang my consultant to complain and he rang me back and said he will look into it. Unfortunately given my history and the nature of the situation everyone has to be happy and know where they stand so it is perfectly reasonable to stick with what the co-ordinators want for the moment. It is just so frustrating and seems never ending but I suppose we will get there eventually.
I did however today get my first lot of course materials for the next one and I bought a lap top. I hadn't originally intended to get one today as such. But there have been several good buys in Comet's and whilst in town I asked mum if we could stop off. I am now the proud owner of an Acer Aspire with very good specifications with a whopping reduction well withing my price range. My computer expert of a brother even thinks it is a bargain so it I am more than happy. I have checked it works and set it all up but for the moment it is away until I buy my desk next week. I must admit the course materials look very intresting and I can't wait to get stuck into this one. I will be starting a bit early as the course officially starts as I go on holiday at the end of the month so I don't want to drop behind.
Finally I am booked every weekend this month with various stitchy things and as summer finally comes to an end I can satisfy myself that it has been action packed and I did loads. Then the hard work starts.

No comments: